BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 6, 2011

We Bid Each Other Farewell...

I always get emotional on the last day of a trip, and today is no exception. I am doing my final 'musing in Manila' from the Marriott, where I am tucked away in a gorgeous executive suite (thank you Accenture!), which feels like an odd juxtaposition to the things I saw earlier this week. The room is exactly what I would expect from a sleek Asian hotel - I hit a button on the wall in the bathroom earlier, and the wall between my bathroom and my bedroom vanished, leaving only glass to separate the two rooms. I think the best part of the night has been the access to the executive lounge - you'd better believe I ventured in for some free snacks (cheese and dried fruit, yes please!).

Today began on a very relaxed note. I set my alarm for 8:30 with good intentions of waking up to journal and let my thoughts marinade. After about 10 snoozes of my alarm, I finally rolled out of bed and went through to the living room to join Pip and Rob. I ate breakfast, while the others leisurely began to appear. We headed out to the Rockwell Center in hopes of finding a bigger Topman and Zara than the ones nearby the apartment. The boys had a very successful shopping trip, while Georgie and I didn't find anything we liked. We headed back to the Greenbelt for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. It felt strange being at a CPK 1) in the Philippines and 2) for a nonbirthday event. In college, we went for everyone's birthdays, so it brings back wonderful memories :) After a quick nip into Nike Women for crossfit shoes for Georgie, we went back to the apartment to pack up our belongings. Around 4pm, we congregated in the living room for a debriefing session, during which we shared our prayers, thoughts, high/low points, and "action items" going forward. Josh read Isaiah 41 to us, which a young boy shared with him on Thursday during one of our visits. Two of the most moving verses are 10 and 17. The first reads, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious hand." The latter of the two verses reads, "When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the Lord, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them." What hope; what inspiration! I love them.

I am so glad that I was able to come to Manila this week. I have been so touched and inspired by those around me, from Ruth at CCT to the rest of "Team Tyndale." Josh, Georgie, Rob, Tim and Philippa have been so encouraging over the week. Even our drivers, our "guide" (Pastor Rei), and our maid (Ruth) have been so wonderful to us over the past six days.

I hope that I continue to process everything that I've experienced over the past few days. There is so much depravity in the world, but there is so much hope and joy and love. Luke 12:48 says, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I pray that God will show us all how we are able to give to others; how we can impact their life in a positive way and share the promises that God has given us. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus."

What a journey!

With so much love,
Ailee

No comments:

Post a Comment